Faculty of Public Affairs

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Faculty of Public Affairs

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

PAM

Description area

Dates of existence

1952-2019

History

The Faculty of Public Affairs, originally called the Institute of Public Administration was established in 1943 becoming the school of Public Administration in 1953. In 1997 the Faculty of Public Administration is renamed and reorganized into the Faculty of Public Affairs and in 1999 the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs is introduced and integrated into the faculty. Today the faculty of public affairs houses the Institute of African Studies, established in 2009, the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs, the Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice, established in 1998, the Department of Economics, established 1952, the Institute of European, Russian and Eurasian Studies, established in 1963, the Norman Patterson School of International Affairs, established in 1974, the School of Journalism and Communications , established in 1945, the Department of Law and Legal Studies, the Institute of Political Economy, established in 1989, the Department of Political Science, the School of Public Policy and Public Administration, and the school of Social Work, established in 1948.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

PAM

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC